The Doctoral School of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa | Católica Doctoral School (CADOS) is a nationwide unit dedicated to doctoral training at Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
The mission of CADOS is to promote excellence in doctoral training, fostering internationalization, ethical responsibility, and interdisciplinarity.
CADOS was created to:
- Provide an institutional framework for monitoring and promoting doctoral courses at the level of admission, curriculum development, quality, research environment, professional impact, and career guidance;
- Promote the use of transparent and rigorous criteria so as to accept high potential candidates;
- Promote the attractiveness of programs and the training of emerging talents;
- Promote a close relationship between doctoral programs and research (projects, groups, centers), as well as to support the development of doctoral networks;
- Promote a compelling research environment conducive to integrated intellectual development (cross-disciplinary and complementary courses, scientific integrity, methodologies, entrepreneurship);
- Promote a strong strategy of ethical and scientific integrity in all doctoral programs;
- Promote interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity, the development of training skills, and scientific dialogue among various fields;
- Promote the contact with professional sectors of a wide-range of specialties;
- Promote the dissemination of fundraising and programs’ funding (fellowships, scholarships, etc.);
- Achieve efficiency in complementary and training courses.
The training courses offered by CADOS are available to UCP doctoral students. For further information and application procedures, see the information for each of the courses in the sidebar.